Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dreams

I told my boss that I have nightmares about work.  They are really about software development.  And they aren't scary the just get repetitive.  And they will come back even if I wake up.

So last night I was dreaming about refactoring code.  You know the "it works but would be better if it was different."  Now the catch was that I wasn't just refactoring code.  I was looking at code that was represented by a some form of '90s tile based RPG.  Loops were little jagged pixels on a tile.  Nested loops were easy to see because the tile was just to busy.

Things were just very abstract.  I would change one tile or set of tiles and others would shift.

One thing I like about power shell is the ability to update a function or run a selected block. And just keep changing minor things until I get it working the way it works.

But this is a bad thing to dream about.  Every time you fix something, you just find more things to fix.   This may not be too different from reality, but it can be haunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment